Many updates on happenings coming up:
- Happy Hour: this Friday, October 20th @ 5pm @ Uncle Vito’s
- Lunch on the quad: Several attendees of the social team meeting want to start an informal lunch gathering on Fridays @ 12 pm to catch up with people in the group. If you’re free we will be eating on the lawn outside of PES while it is still nice and will move indoors once the winter weather hits.
- Bowling / games interest: Fill out survey of when you are available if you are interested in having a bowling / game night this quarter. https://doodle.com/poll/2f4nkxdf2ck4b7x6
More social events in the work, so be on the lookout!
The Fall 2017 journal club is on every Wednesday at 5 pm to 6 pm in 140 Robbins Hall. Show up and have an hour discussion of some fun science articles
Vote for Students of Horticulture & Agronomy Graduate Group new officers! (Expire date: 9/24/17, Sun)
Pornpipat “Paul” Kasemsap
The Treasurer and Webmaster positions are not filled yet. Please contact Mengyuan Xiao (email@example.com) if you are interested in it.
We will be having a happy hour / socializing at Delta of Venus next Thursday 5/11 at 5:30pm.
We will be going hiking on May 27th at Point Reyes National Seashore. If you would like to join for the fun sign up on the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/179F3sXqvVBzqIMmkU5IiO5gS1pO-ZtqWztzf7shzZuU/edit#gid=0
Student roster/bios of the group (http://hortaggradstudents.ucdavis.edu/index.php/students/student-bios/) has been updated based on the survey results received this week. If you want to revise or add your bio, please email Mengyuan directly.
In short: Fill out the poll http://tinyurl.com/HappyHortAgrFall16 by Thu 10/6 to share your ideas and help choose when we’ll have happy hours! Thanks!
What is happy hour?
- GET IN TOUCH with members of our grad groups;
- TAKE A BREAK from classes and lab/field works;
- ENJOY snacks, drinks and fun conversations;
- and yes, it will be ON CAMPUS, in Robbins!!!
VOTE for the day of the week that you are available after work (i.e. 5 pm). Go to http://tinyurl.com/HappyHortAgrFall16 (log in to UCD) and VOTE NOW!!!! (by Thu 10/6).
Want to host a movie night, Halloween party, Thanksgiving dinner, or other fun events? Contact Paul (firstname.lastname@example.org). Interested in putting together a QE study group or have ideas for community outreach? Contact Jen (email@example.com) – we’d love to hear from you!