Skip to main content
- Fall Annual Welcome BBQ & Picnic: The first week of Fall quarter. The largest, literally 'fruitful' event of the year, hosted by the social committee, right after the graduate group orientation! Come meet your fellow students and feast on fresh produce to start the year off right. See emails for sign up and volunteer recruitment.
- Weekly Hort&Ag Happy Hours: Join us for an evening full of fun! Specific times and locations will be announced through an email list email@example.com and our facebook group. Once a month, we may join pub quizzes or trivia nights. During summer (until the end of October, we may gather at the Davis Farmers market.
- Bi-weekly Couch Convos: Couch Convos are online Zoom meetings designed to provide a space for students to discuss and build understanding of issues around systemic racism, anti-racism, and social justice, as well as to develop and execute actionable items that bring about positive change.
- Monthly Graduate Student Association Assembly Meetings (Open to public): Our student representatives will participate, but everyone is welcome to join. See the schedule here.
- Quarterly potlucks: Every quarter we will be hosting at least one potluck, hosted at one of our student's house. Look out for the 'game night' announcement! In the past we have organized Friends-giving, Summer BBQ, Spring potluck party. If you're willing to host the potluck, please contact the social committee.
- Camping trips: Every year we plan to hold 2 camping trips in Fall and Spring. Come embrace the beautiful nature of California and share a wonderful time with your peers. We've recently visited Yosemite (2017) and Eldorado National Forest (2018). Check out emails for registration.
- T-shirt design competition: Every few years we host a design competition for our new T-shirts! The time has come again in 2019. Keep an eye for our competition announcement later in Fall quarter.
- Special events: We have collaborated with organizations both on- and off- campus to host special events for the public, including movie screenings -- The garden (2017); Farmers for America (2018). Our recent partners include UC Davis Student Farm, UC Davis Plant Breeding Center, and Campus Community Book Project. Our students also serve as the organizing committee of one of the largest symposium on campus, UC Davis Plant Sciences symposium, since the inaugural year.